I want to share some quotes about prayers, I got from a book called Secret Quotes… I think, sometime ago and kept them in my laptop.
1) Prayers not felt by us are seldom heard by God.
2) Prayer begins where human capacity ends.
3) The value of consistent prayer is not that HE will hear us, but we will hear HIM.
4) We, one and all of us, have an instinct to pray; and this fact constitutes an invitation from God to pray.
5) We may as well not pray at all as offer our prayers in a lifeless manner.
6) You can’t pray a lie
7) Don’t try to reach God with your understanding; that is impossible. Reach HIM in love; that is possible.
8) Prayer should be the means by which I, at all times, receive all that I need, and , for this reason, be my daily refuge, my daily consolation, my daily joy, my source of rich and inexhaustible joy in life.
9) No heart thrives without much secret converse with God and nothing will make amends for the want of it.
10) Prayer is an end to isolation. It is living our daily life with God who alone can deliver us from solitude.
11) Prayer requires more of the heart than the tongue.
12) The first purpose of prayer is to know GOD
13) Even if no command to pray had existed, our very weakness would have suggested it.
14) If you can’t pray as you want to, pray as you can. God knows what you mean.
15) As impossible as it is for us to take a breath in the morning large enough to last us until noon, so impossible is it to pray in the morning in such a way as to last us until noon. Let your prayers ascend to Him constantly, audibly or silently, as circumstances throughout the day permit.
16) Sometimes we think we are too busy to pray. That is a great mistake, for praying is a saving of time.
17) Time spent in prayer is never wasted.
18) He who cannot pray when the sun is shining will not know how to pray when the clouds come.
19) Every time we pray our horizon is altered, our attitude to things is altered, not sometimes but every time.
20) God’s ear lies close to the believer’s lips.
21) Prayer is not merely an occasional impulse to which we respond when we are in trouble: prayer is a life attitude.
22) Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees.
25) We ought to act with God in the greatest simplicity, speak to Him frankly and plainly, and implore His assistance in our affairs.
26) Though we cannot by our prayers give God any information, yet we must by our prayers give HIM honor.
27) Get into the habit of dealing with God about everything.
28) Prayer at its best is the expression of the total life, for all things else being equal, our prayers are only as powerful as our lives.
29) O Lord, forgive what I have been, sanctify what I am, and order what I shall be.
Thank you for your time.